Muah

Muah

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Going postal on the postal service

I know I promised a daily blog, but I decided that my night-time time should be used for much needed sleep instead of night-time blogging, so sorry for lying. 
It all started a few months ago when we got a new USPS carrier.  Other peoples mail started showing up in my mail box.  Not just random peoples mail, but my address, but from the next street up.  I'm not going to use my real address, but for example, I live at 1424 3rd street, and I started recieving Christmas cards for 1424 2nd street.  At first it was just 1 and a magazine.  The next day it was another one.  A few days after that a couple more.  I then started recieving packages for 1424 4th street.  Without opening it, I could tell that one was medicine because of the rattling noise, and the return address was Kaiser Permenete.  I figuered it would be easier to just bring this mail to the rightful owners myself then going through the hassel of catching the mail lady and giving them to her. 
A few days ago I recieved mail for a 1424 Ross street, (a few locks over.)  I have recieved several packages (not just mail) for my next door neighbor, 1426, and my other neighbor, 1422 has recieved my packages.  I recently purchased a pair of $30, a $20 shirt, and a $5 sticker, all of which had deliver confirmation.  According to the tracking number they were infact delivered to Kelso, just not my address, and I never recieved them due to the dishonosty of people.  I am unemployed, and maybe should quit buying things over the internet, but I am at home all day and pick up my mail as soon as it comes to the door, so I know these weren't just taken from my porch.
I have been waiting for a $20 Harley Davidson bandana forover a week and a half.  It was due to arrive via UPS last Friday.  According to tracking info it arrived in Portland early Friday morning.  I finally recieved it Monday night after the person living at 1424 3rd facebooked me telling me that she had recieved my package!  After returning home from picking up my mis delievered mail, I discovered that FedEx had delivered a package to my house that was supposed to go to 1424 3rd, not my address!
I can understand the occasional mix up, accidents happen, people are only human.  This is just pure stupidity on all accounts!  These people get paid big bucks to walk around and put paper into boxes.  Maybe they should take a little more effort to get it into the right box.  If my unemployment check ever gets mis-delivered, heads are gunna roll!  I'm not sure about the wage of UPS and FedEx drivers, but again, you drive around and put packages on peoples doorsteps, how fucking hard is it to read an address?!  Seriously?  The cost of shipping and postage keeps going up, and recently went up again, but what are we even paying for if it can't get to where it's going?  We're definetly not paying for excellent service, that's for sure!  The person at 1424 3rd told me that their mail once ended up on someones front lawn.  It was checks to pay their bills, and never even made it to the post office, and some one was honost enough to bring it back to them thank god.  She said when she called the post office to let them know, the lady argued with her telling her that the post man wouldn't do that. 
About a month ago I jokingly appologized to our mail carrier for having so many packages delivered to my house, she responded with, "Well it's ok, I make a lot of money to do it."  Well then maybe you should do what you're paid to do!  I have contacted USPS via phone and e-mail, both said sorry we'll talk to your mail carrier and see if she remember delivering your packages somewhere else.  Well if she couldn't remember and realize that they were supposed to go to my house then, what makes them think she's going to be able to remember where she delivered my packges 3 weeks ago?
I know that I am going to do far less,if at all, any online shopping because it's stupid of me to have to purchase insurance on something that I've already paid postage and delivery confirmation on. why should I have to pay more because my mail man doesn't know what the fuck they're doing?!  Is it like this everywhere or just my mail carrier?  Lucky me!  Words cannot even express how pissed off I am.  I am going to write out an organized and well thought out letter to each, UPS, FedEx, and the USPS, with hopes that it's at least read and not just balled up and used to wipe someones ass with.  I'm sure it wont do a bit of good, or help my stuff get to my house any better, but at least I'll fell better knowing I tried. 

Cheers,
Frusterated

7 comments:

  1. Wow that's just ridiculous. I hope they read your letter and do something about it! I'm waiting for a package and it better get sent to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the USPS in Kelso sucks. If we don't have incoming mail, our mail carrier won't walk the 8 feet to our box to pick up our outgoing mail. When I called the postmaster, she simply said "prove it!." Things go missing, I get the Cowlitz County Auditor's mail all the time which is on the other side of town. I'm sorry, but to be honest I'm kinda glad its not just us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have outgoing mail with no recieveing mail she wont come pick mine up either. I wish i could catch walking by without getting it so ic an throw it at her. With my luck it would be assult and I'd go to jail. So not only can they not read they're lazy too. Fuck, I need to be a mail person. I hope you get your package, that's what we pay postage for, for them to do their jobs and we shouldn't have to worry about not getting our stuff. I wish America could just boycott the mail service, but that will NEVER happen. I'm not glad to know I'm not the only one Crystal, that just pisses me off more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem with the mail carrier not picking up my outgoing and was told that there is a little card you can fill out that tells them they need to come to your box regardless of if they have anything to deliver to you that day or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that part of their job?! That's rediculous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHould be. I agree. Pretty retarded you have to fill out an extra card just so they pick up your mail. I especially hate when the netflix is sitting out in the bright red envelopesand they skip it. that means I wait longer for movies that I pay for and they still get paid. And I always shovel for them in the winter. maybe I'll stop doing that if they don't start picking up my mail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha the netflix is what they skip at myhouse too!!

    ReplyDelete